List of Nepali Bloggers
NOTICE: IF YOU WANT YOUR BLOG ON THE LIST PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT WITH YOUR LINK AND A SHORT DESCRIPTION. IN DUE TIME I WILL MAKE THIS INTO A SORTABLE LIST.
Lots of good writers and bloggers exist. But people who aren’t as internet savvy are NOT aware of these bloggers. It is because blogging can be identified as an extension of the ego, and if you know Nepali, then you know we have egos the size of the moon.We think self-promotion is bad and so avoid doing things like that and are happy within our own little limbo.
But there is such a big potential for an impact and it all begins with a small step. Self-awareness. What I mean by this is bloggers realize that other bloggers exist and they are part of the Nepali diaspora and have interesting dialogs to share with us, and are great listeners of our dialogs. Not just camaraderie, but we will be initiating a consciousness of our community. At which point do we reach self-awareness? I do not have a concrete answer for you, but my expectation is that when we start reading each other’s posts, encouraging or critiquing, we will each a point where I can blog about how ‘Surya Tamrakar – the mountainclimber’s recent post about East-West highway hike, and this should trigger off waves of nostalgia about that particular post of the fictitious Surya Tamrakar. Make any sense?
Anyways, I will be rigorously maintaining this list so feel safe to permalink this post. I’d also ask all bloggers to share this link.
If you see your site here, please leave a comment with a description of your website and I will update it.
*Note – Some of the descriptions are still pending. I have contacted the authors of these blogs to ask for their descriptions and will fill/correct them as they come in.
- AakarTech. – The author of this blog is a tech Enthusiast, an Engineering Student & an avid Blogger. Currently he is pursuing his undergraduate in Kathmandu University Dhulikhel Kavre, Nepal. He has written in Aakar Post & in Aakar Tech since 2007, and is expanding his involvement in other blogs as a writer as well.
- Pushmind Publishing – Pushmind Publishing is basically an ‘interest’ blog – where articles related to entertainment, uniqueness and interactivity are covered. Besides, a number of posts related to general, eco-friendly and experimental technologies are also featured at Pushmind Publishing. Pushmind Publishing has been on the blogosphere since April 2006.
- Never Stop Dreaming – Deependra Kumar Jha is an Engineer by profession and holds a PhD degree in Electrical Engineering. He loves writing and views blogging as a wonderful medium to express the essence of things. He writes when moved by intense passion on various themes, subjects and issues. His write-up emphasizes on the virtues of perseverance and optimism.
- The World of Small – his blog has been started by a PhD student in Bose-Einstein Condensation (Theoretical Atomic Physics) in a US University, to write something on Quantum Mechanics and the phenomena which can be better explained quantum mechanically. The blogger was born on the lap of the HIMALAYAS !
- Wagle Street Journal -Dinesh Wagle is a journalist associated with Kantipur and The Kathmandu Post, both daily newspapers by Kantipur Publications, Nepal’s largest media company. His most recent posting was at the papers’ New Delhi bureau (from Nov 2008 to Feb 2011).Dinesh was born in 1979 as the first son of the Wagle family in Duragaun Village, Ramechhap District, Nepal. Initially raised in his birthplace, Dinesh moved to Kathmandu at the age of 11 to attend a Tibetan school. He got married in Dec 2009.Dinesh lives in Gothataar, Kathmandu.
- archana – An IT Nepali Blogger
- MangalMan’s Perspective – A common man MangalMan’s perspective on world and everything.
- Bibek Paudel
- Web Logger Dai
- Sangesh’s Blog – A personal blog covering a collection of topics related to Nepal.
- Carbon Tube – Finally a blog not about IT and computers. I recommend checking him out.
- Mukesh Chapagain – PHP, Magento, jQuery
- Deepak Adhikari – Rumination & Rhapsody –
- Deepa’s Chit n Chat – Fashion advice, dating advice. All this from a home girl so she hits the spot!
- Dhiraj Shrestha –
- Dinesh Magar –
- ABC – An opinionated & politically incorect[sic] blog from Nepal
- The Coffee House Revival –
- C.P Aryal – Expressing Myself – CP Aryal has interest in literature. He is a freelance writer,translator and a lover of books.
- Her World – Cute blog about his daughter. Good reads!
- My Nameless Diary – a simple woman experiencing madness of womanhood, trying to balance family and career.
- Kamaladi –
- Kathmandu Speaks – Seems to mostly relate to political things.
- Keshuvko – My world, my perspective –
- Lantang photoblog – dedicated to LANGTANG and people of the region.
- Mohammad Tajim – related to Nepal, its start-up scene and its people
- Mahesh’s World – Student of Physics at Tri-Bhuwan University.
- Nepali Netbook –
- Mero Guff – Technology Blog – personal blog which is mostly about
information technology, gossips, fun and humor, computer tips and tutorials, product reviews, latest news, gadgets and moreeverything.
- NepaChem – Blog for people in Chemistry field.
- RedNepal – Two Nepali bloggers churning out content for this blog, with a mostly political flavor.
- NepaliBlogger – Nepali blogger comes from the idea of uniting bloggers of Nepal and developing blogging as an alternative media in the country.
- Nepalidude – Spilling beans like it’s no one’s business.
- Palai Palo – A weekly diet for everyone.
- Ray of Hope –
- NepaliDai – मेरो नाम नेपाली दाई हो र म एउटा नेपालीकेटो हुँ । म साधारण र अनौपचारिक भाषामा, ब्येतिगत देखि रास्ट्रीय बिषयमा लेखहरु लेख्छु । तपाईहरुको प्रतिक्रियाले सुध्रिन मौका मिल्नेनै छ ।
- Media Studies Academic Blog – simple guy who thinks more, talk less and act most because action speaks louder than words
- Say I am you – A poet.
- Nepal Is Healthy –
- Watchdog of Democracy –
- Everything That I have to say – Sports and music lover.
- Shirish L – Entrance! – A guy from Thapathali, Kathmandu
- Anjali – A Prelude to Perfection –
- Technott –
- Time! –
- Umes Shrestha – Bleak Expressions –